




The Houston Zoo is great! I personally like anything to do with animals, and Callie, especially, inherited that gene. We bought a family membership this year, so I guess we'll be going quite a bit. It's pretty interesting to go by myself and the kiddos--and Mae is the one that makes it all so very interesting! She'll stay in the stroller for about 10 minutes MAX, then, she wants out, and, she's off! She is so not a "stay by your Mommy" kind of gal, so it's a continuous chasing game. I will admit freely...I bought a leash. The kid-harness kind of leash. For Mae. I know, I know, some of you are raising eyebrows right now. But, I was TRULY afraid that it was lose a child, or use a leash--and I do really want to keep Macie--she's awesome! SHe just runs away. Everywhere. All the time. So, I got the leash out and put it on, and...SHE ABSOLUTELY HATED IT! Wouldn't walk, yelling, "take it off! Take it off!" So, after a few minutes of that, I took it off, asking her first if she would stay by Mommy and hold my hand, knowing full well she wouldn't. But, after I took off the awful thing, SHE DID! She did great almost the rest of the day, and if she started to wander, just mentioning 'THE LEASH' was magic! Why didn't I do this before??? All those store trips, ball games, church days of CONSTANTLY CHASING her?? Wow. We'll see how it goes!
1 comment:
I love the leash story. Child psychology at work. Happy Summer.
Post a Comment